We are always here to listen and help in away we can.

Although we do believe that our services work very well in partnership with professionals and the public, we are not a replacement for those that need the support of a qualified counsellor, psychologist, psychiatrist or GP.

Discova will continue to work and support our community, peer to peer collaboration and partner services, branching out over time with evidence based workshops, modules and therapies.

If you are in need of support or in crisis, we have signposted options below.

For urgent medical advice you can call the NHS 111 (England) or NHS Direct (Wales). If you or someone you know is in danger or harming themselves or others call 999 right away. You may also want to reach out to those listed below.


The Samartins: 0845 790 9090

North East England Mental Health Matters Helpline:

              – Newcastle: 0845 601 2457 (6pm to 6am)

              – North Tyneside: 0845 601 2458 (6pm to 6am)

              – Gateshead: 0800 085 1718 (5pm to 9am, 24hrs on weekends)

North East Counselling Services

North East Counselling Services have a team of willing and able counsellors who can provide the emotional support you need. If something is affecting your mental health, addressing it early can really help you to move forward in a more positive way.

Counselling is totally confidential and NE Counselling Services will aim to get your first appointment within a week

The counsellors are accredited and offer a wide range of counselling techniques and can work with ages 4+

Most importantly, they recognise the importance of being comfortable with your counsellor – you will not just be given the next available counsellor, or be stuck with just seeking one person. With over 50 counsellors in the team, you will be matched with the counsellor that can offer the exact expertise to help you through your issues.

To book a session, you can call their office on 0191 466 1314 or click here

***NE Counselling also sometimes have pots of funding which allows them to provide counselling free of charge to individuals who cannot afford to pay for counselling. If you want to find out more, give them a call or email info@necounselling.org.uk***

Mind Charity Services and Partners Telephone Lines

Abuse Support

Child Protection: NSPCC –  nspcc.org.uk

Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (24 hours, every day)

Male Rape and Sexual Abuse Support – Survivors UK – survivorsuk.org

Helpline: 0203 598 3898 (Mon – Fri 9:30 – 17:00)

RASAC (Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre) – rasasc.org.uk

National Helpline: 0808 802 9999 (12-2.30 & 7-9.30)

Addiction and Substance Abuse Support

Crisis Intervention –

Helpline: 020 7278 8671 (24 hours)
24hr telephone service UK wide and emergency residential care for drug users in crisis. Please note the service is for drug users in crisis only.

Talk to Frank – www.talktofrank.com

Helpline: 0300 123 6600

Helpline for anyone concerned about drug or solvent misuse. Advice and information for drug misusers, their families, friends, carers. (Formerly known as the National Drugs Helpline).

UK Narcotics Anonymouswww.ukna.org

Helpline: 0300 999 1212

Helpline and regular self help meetings for addicts who have a desire to stop using and who wish to support each other in remaining drug free.

Turning Point –  www.turning-point.co.uk

Helpline: 020 7481 7600

To enable people with serious problems related to drug and alcohol misuse, mental health and learning disabilities to lead more independent lives by providing high quality community services. Run over 200 projects and schemes nationally ranging from residential rehabilitation centres to drop in counselling services, needle exchanges, phone advice services and individual community workers.

Anxiety Support

Anxiety UK

Anxiety UK offers talking therapies for anxiety. There is a fee but they do offer reduced costs for people on a low income.

Anxiety Alliance – anxietyalliance.org.uk

Helpline: 0845 296 7877 (10-10 daily)

No Panic – nopanic.org.uk

Helpline: 0844 967 4848

Bereavement Care

Cruse Bereavement Care may offer free counselling services if you have experienced the death of someone close to you.

Rape Crisis

Rape Crisis centres offer counselling to survivors of sexual abuse and sometimes to their families.


C.A.L.L Mental Health Helpline

callhelpline.org.uk  offers emotional support and mental health information.

24 hour free helpline: 0800 132 737

Text: 81066

CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably)

0800 58 58 58 (5pm-midnight)
Listening services, information and support for men who feel down or are in crisis.

Private Services

How to access private health care through our GP

This private care will mean that you will have to pay for access to treatment. However, the benefit of this mean that you will reduce your wait time substantially, are able to see an expert within the field and can choose the professional that treats you.

 You can get private treatment from a consultant or specialist without being referred by your GP. But the British Medical Association (BMA) believes it’s best practice for patients to be referred for specialist treatment by their GP because they know your medical history and can advise you if a referral is necessary.

 A referral is also needed by many private practitioners and private medical insurance policies. If you have private medical insurance, ask your insurer if they need a referral. Talk to your GP about whether you might need a specialist assessment or treatment. If your GP thinks you need to see a specialist and you want to pay for it privately, they can write a letter of referral to a private consultant or specialist explaining your condition and your medical history. You won’t be charged for this.

 Your GP will only refer you to a specialist if they believe that specialist assessment or treatment is necessary. If they don’t think it is, they don’t have to refer you – either privately or on the NHS.

 If you disagree with your GP’s decision, you can ask them to refer you to another healthcare professional for a second opinion (an opinion about your health from a different doctor).  In your case, I would just mention that you are already within the NHS system but need to access some sort of support in the meantime.

How to access private health care through your work

Contact your employer and let them know that you would like to access their private health insurance. This will cost a monthly fee most likely but will also have deductions towards the service or care you trying to access. Not all workplaces provide cover for employees but you should never be afraid to ask. Your work should be able to support you and answer any questions you might have.

If you work doesn’t have private health insurance

You can still access this if you go to a company and pay for plan/insurance personally.

Check out –




You can also look at compare the market type websites to access lots of different quotes at once.

Introducing Discova (formerly Myndr)

Hi there! We know you came here looking for Myndr. We recently changed our name to Discova but everything else remains the same. Take a look around our new website or reach out and say hello to Emma & Lizzy at hello@discovahealth.com